Posted: December 2, 2016
Your MSABC Board of Directors met recently, and would like to pass on some important information to the membership:
- Masters Swimming Canada (MSC) would like to have a western club host the Canadian Masters Swimming Championships in May 2019. The host would have to have a minimum of a 50m pool that could run a double-ended 25m event. Any Masters Swim Clubs interested are encouraged to contact Rod Carmichael email@example.com for more information.
- MSABC Board is soliciting interest in hosting our Provincial Championships in April 2018. Kelowna will be hosting Provincials 2017, so teams from Vancouver Island or the Lower Mainland are encouraged to contact Rod Carmichael firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- CBC recently did a story on our oldest competitive swimmer, Fred Schulhof. You can see the story here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/oldest-competitive-swimmer-in-bc-97-1.3866145
- MSABC Board will be awarding the Ted Simpson Achievement Award and the Stan Powell Memorial Service Award at the 2017 Provincials Banquet. Nominations can be sent in anytime and the earlier the better. Nominations will close 31 March 2017. Details on the awards can be found here: Awards feel free to contact Rod Carmichael email@example.com for more information.
- MSABC Board will need some new members to get voted in at the April 2017 AGM:
President – Rod does not intend to run again
Secretary – Brenda does not intend to run again
Communications – Position currently vacant. Anyone interested in that position could be appointed by the board and commence immediately
Treasurer and 2 Director-at-Large positions will also be elected.